The birth of a baby is a beautiful thing. Things you need to do in preparation for it can be quite a journey - full of excitement and joy, intermingle with feelings of uncertainty, not because it is difficult, but simply you haven't done it before. The days just before the birth, waiting for the contractions and counting the contractions is one of those things.
This app does one thing only: it helps you keep track of your contractions just before the birth of your baby. It is written in anticipation of the birth of my own daughter. It is sort of my little effort to help my wife. It helps her, so hopefully it can help other expecting mothers too. Best wishes.
- Keep track of the start and finish time of each contraction.
- The app will tell you the duration of each contraction and also the duration between one contraction and the next one.
- You can enter the start and finish time manually or there is an easy to use timer for that. (It is actually best if you use the timer.)
- In addition to working out the durations, the app will also let you know:
- The highest number of contractions per hour recorded so far
- When you have reached a given number of contraction of a certain duration each (e.g. 5 contractions of 45 seconds duration each in an hour) - this can be customised to your situation based on advice from your doctor or hospital.